Contact us if you are interested in employment at:
1. SENIOR COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS CLERK – FULL TIME
This position involves supporting lawyers in commercial transactions, such as corporate reorganizations, purchase and sale of businesses, commercial financings, and commercial real estate purchases/sales/financing/leasing. Many transactions have a real estate component. Upon completion of on-the-job training, the candidate is expected to have a high degree of independence in running the file, always subject to lawyer supervision and guidance.
We are specifically seeking candidates from related fields, not only the legal field.
At the interview, you will be asked detailed and substantive questions, relative to your background, so that you can demonstrate your depth of knowledge that will be transferable to one or more of the types of commercial transactions required for the position.
Our team is highly capable, supportive, and energetic. We deliver top-quality legal services and develop exceptional client relations. We are looking for an individual who will appreciate and contribute to a positive work environment where everyone pulls their own weight.
SALARY: Minimum $45,000/year
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, Paid Vacation Days, Paid Personal Days
HOURS: Monday to Friday, Full-Time; typically 9-5 with some variability to accommodate peak periods
Extensive background in commercial, corporate or real estate transactional work, acquired in any of the following fields:
Executive Assistant in any high volume industry
High degree of professionalism in manner. You will be dealing with business clients on a regular basis, both in person and on the phone.
University degree or college diploma.
- Technologically literate.
- Comfortable dealing directly with clients on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box, problem-solve, and create efficiencies in established routines.
- Highly organized (in both paper and digital), and logical.
- Intermediate (or better) skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a less-paper or paper-less office environment.
- Experience with any of PCLaw, Worldox, Fast Company, Conveyancer, ACL, Teraview, Geowarehouse, Lawyer Done Deal, or similar programs.
- Experience with document generation programs and/or client databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or accounting programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your application package by email (preferred) to Johanna Maki firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 807-346-3600, or delivered to CARREL+Partners LLP, 1100 Roland Street, Suite 1, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5M4.
Application package to include cover letter and resume.
If you have graduated from a university or college program in the last 8 years, include your transcripts with your application.