Marc Laatu, HB COMM. JD
Corporate & Commercial, Commercial Real Estate, Not-for-Profit and Labour & Employment Law
Shortly after his call to the Bar of Ontario in June 2013, Marc returned to his hometown of Thunder Bay to join CARREL+Partners LLP as an associate. Marc regularly advises clients in a number of areas throughout the various stages of a business' lifecycle, including matters such as incorporation, business acquisitions or sales (shares and assets), financing, commercial real estate transactions, and dissolution. Marc has also drafted and negotiated numerous business agreements for a wide range of clients, including sole proprietors, landlords, partnerships, shareholders, directors, officers, corporations, condominium corporations, and trustees.
Prior to joining CARREL+Partners LLP as an associate, Marc was a summer student with the firm in 2010. Marc completed his articles at McMillan LLP where he conducted research and gained valuable transaction experience in a number of corporate & commercial, capital markets, banking & financial services and employment matters.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2013
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2012
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce, First Class Standing, Lakehead University, 2009
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Thunder Bay Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honour Society
- Volunteer, Dew Drop Inn
- Director, Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce