Robert V. Botsford, LL.B.
Bob has been a Thunder Bay real estate lawyer since 2007.
Bob’s real estate practice has a particular emphasis on the construction and land development industry, mortgage enforcement, co-ownership disputes, as well as residential and recreational transactions. Bob’s real estate practice also includes commercial transactions, the rectification of title irregularities, title insurance disputes, Tarion disputes, commercial and residential lease disputes, as well as disputes concerning residential, recreational and commercial transactions.
Bob has been a Thunder Bay estate lawyer since 2007.
Bob’s estate practice has a particular emphasis on estate disputes, including passing attorney and estate trustee accounts, challenging wills, net family property equalization elections and dependant support claims. Bob’s estate practice also includes estate planning, preparing wills and power of attorneys and administering estates.
Bob articled with CARREL+Partners LLP where he gained valuable experience in a variety of matters. He has made appearances before the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice.
Bob’s recent speaking engagements have focused on real estate and estate topics, including presentations to local construction companies concerning Tarion, members of the Thunder Bay Real Estate Board concerning seller property information statements, Tarion and the purchase transaction from a lawyer’s perspective and members of the public concerning probate. Bob was also involved in the Law Society of Upper Canada’s 2011 Career Fair, as a member of a panel discussing the benefits of working in northern Ontario.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Thunder Bay Law Association: Bob is currently a director on the Thunder Bay Law Association Board of Directors.
- Ontario Bar Association: Bob is currently a member of the Ontario Bar Association Council which, among other things, debates issues facing the legal profession and sets the Ontario Bar Association policies which positions the Ontario Bar Association for the future.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bora Laskin Faculty of Law: Bob was a tutor for the compulsory first year property law course.
Bob was the recipient of the Maritime Law Book Co. Prize in 2006 for highest standing in the compulsory third year professional responsibility course at the University of Manitoba law school.
Bob is born and raised in Fort Frances, Ontario. He and his wife moved to Thunder Bay in 2006 and enjoy athletics and the many outdoor activities that Thunder Bay and the district have to offer. Bob and his wife have two small children.
- Called to the Ontario Bar in June of 2007.
- Graduated law school at University of Manitoba in April of 2006.
- Received Ontario Academic Credit from Fort Frances High School in June of 2000.
- Graduated high school at Fort Frances High School in June of 1999.