Sam Bachinski, HB Comm. LL.B.
Born and raised in Thunder Bay, Samuel Bachinski has practiced family law in Thunder Bay for over 20 years. In addition to providing past representation in criminal law and civil litigation cases, he has appeared before several tribunals and in every level of Court in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal.
Mr. Bachinski heads the Family Law Department at CARREL+Partners LLP. He is dedicated to providing knowledgeable service to his clients in all areas of family law including separation agreements, divorces, child and spousal support, business valuations, pension division and division of property.
Selected Reported Decisions
- Petit v. Petit  O.J. No. 5437
This case involved fighting for custody, child support, a division of property and defending on the issue of spousal support.
- Guignard v. Guignard  O.J. No. 2267
This case dealt with the imputation of income for the purposes of support.
- Bark v. Ciotucha  O.J. No. 3534
This case dealt with the issue of support and division of property.
- Urbanowicz v. Urbanowicz  O.J. No. 2523
This case dealt with a division of property and support when one person is self-employed.
- Warren-Daze v. Grant  O.J. No. 484
This case dealt with the issue of interim custody of a young child.
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce, Lakehead University, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria, 1989
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 1991
- Ontario Bar Association, Director for the Northwest Region of Ontario, 2012 to present
- Ontario Bar Association, Member of Council, 2004 to 2012
- Thunder Bay Law Association, Past President, Past Director, current member
- Thunder Bay Law Association, Social Committee, Past Chair
- Law Society of Upper Canada, member
- County and District’s Law President’s Association, Past Council Member
- Arthritis Society, Thunder Bay, Past Director
Current Community Involvement
- Coach, Northwood Hockey League, 2012 to present