Victoria Methot, HBA, JD
Real Estate, Wills and Estates, General Litigation
Victoria Methot is proud to have been born and raised in Thunder Bay. She attended Lakehead University for both her undergraduate studies and law school. She graduated from Political Science Pre-law with the Highest First Class Standing and from Bora Laskin Faculty of Law on the Dean’s List with first-class standing. Victoria has a range of legal experience and has worked as a legal caseworker and legal assistant before being called to the Bar. She completed her Practice Placement at Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic as a part of Lakehead’s Integrated Practice Curriculum. In these roles she was exposed to various legal issues and areas of law including Residential Tenancy, Provincial Offences, Small Claims litigation, Income Maintenance and Security, Real Estate, and Wills and Estates.
From her education and diverse legal experience, she has honed strong legal research, oral advocacy, and writing skills. As a new addition to the CARREL+Partners LLP team, she is excited to focus her practice in the areas of Real Estate, Wills and Estates and general litigation.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario in 2019
- Juris Doctor, Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, 2018
- HBA, Political Science Pre-law, Lakehead University, 2014
Community Involvement and Professional Affiliations
- Event Co-Ordinator, Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF), Thunder Bay
- Member, Nanabijou Toastmasters Club, Thunder Bay
- Scrabble Competitor, Thunder Bay Literacy Group Annual Fundraiser